Interested in planting a church with the Vermont Church Planting Network? It all starts with our assessment process.
Step 1: Contact the VTCP team about starting the assessment process.
Step 2: Pre-assessment
- Complete Pre-Assessment Questionnaire
- Meet Pastor-Elder Qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3
- Agree with Lausanne Covenant: http://www.lausanne.org/
- Endorsement from home-church pastor
- Approval by VTCP leadership for assessment
Step 3: Assessment
- Complete the following online inventories:
• Church Planter Profile-https://churchplanterprofiles.com Create an account and takethe Full Planter Profile. It’s up to each couple whether they prefer the spouse to also take this. Cost is $99/candidate The CPP includes the following assessment tools:
- Golden Personality Profile
- DISC portrait predictor
- Spiritual Gifts overview
- Strengths Finder
- Church Leader Inventory & Church Leader Spouse Inventory- Cost is $70/couple. Each candidate and spouse will receive a personal email invitation with a link to the website to begin the inventory.
- Prepare & Enrich Marriage Assessment- Cost is $40/couple. VTCP will email you a link with instructions.
- Attend a one day assessment from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. During the assessment VTCP assessors will review the online inventories with candidates and walk through a Ridley Behavioral Interview.
*Candidates are responsible for covering cost for travel and online inventories.
Step 4: Assessment follow-up.
Candidates will meet in person or video conference to review their assessment. Each candidate will receive a green (we believe you’re ready to move forward with leading a church plant, yellow (we you have church planting potential but need to take steps to prepare), or red (we suggest you consider another role besides leading a church plant). Most candidates receive a yellow. We highly recommend a church planting apprenticeship to better equip you.